Monday, June 25, 2012

Warmlove

To my band.

I really love you.
Thank you for making life possible.
I can live life to ninety knowing I will still have things to learn with you.

Just when I thought I had captured and expressed all of life,
I listened to the next thing we did together.
 We taught new things. We taught ourself inexpressible things from within ourselves.
 We became forever irreducible.

You made me so overcome with emotion.
I pounded my fist into the crumbling concrete floor, uncontrollably.
I stopped and then I started again.
It felt so good.
We were so pure.
I've never heard people so free.
And I'd never guess we would be.

If it reaches one person half as powerfully as you reached me,
it will be worth it to spend all the pitiful fruits of my toil to put it in that person's hands.

Am I loving my brothersisters? Hell, yes...
I'm loving them and they aren't here to listen to me extol their virtue.
But they will be with me forever.
And I know they'll hear me laud them again soon.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home